Year 10 English
Curriculum & Pricing
- At Maxx Academy we teach Year 10 English ahead of your school.
- Our schedule of topics may vary as we may modify our course year to year for continual improvement.
- 10 weekly lessons each term for Year 10 English tutoring program which covering every single BOSTES syllabus dot-point.
- Developed and designed by our NESA experts.
1.5 hours Lesson Breakdown
Free One-to-One Workshop
Meet Your Teachers
Cheryl Barnett | Head of EnglishEX James Ruse Agricultural High School English Teacher | HSC Marker | B.Ed.
Anne Marien | Head of EnglishUniversity of Sydney English Literature Teacher | EX Moriah College Senior English Teacher | M.Ed., B.Ed., Masters of Writing
Aidan Williams | Maths, English TeacherMacquarie University
Alexander Zhou | English TeacherUniversity of Sydney | BA
Baraa Hamdy | English, Economics TeacherUNSW Law and Economics
Benjamin Pick | Maths, Chemistry, English, Physics TeacherUNSW Computer Science
Hamish Mishra | Maths, English TeacherUniversity of Technology | BA
Eason Xia | Economics, Maths, English, Chemistry TeacherUNSW | ATAR 99.40
Joyce Wu | Maths, Chemistry, Economics, English TeacherPymble Ladies' College Full Scholarship Winner | ATAR 99.85
Melissa Qiu | English, Maths TeacherUniversity of Sydney | Double degree Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Dental Medicine | ATAR 99.80
Cheryl Barnett | Head of English
University of Newcastle Bachelor of Education (Eng/Hist)
University of Sydney Diploma of Ancient Societies
Classroom Teacher / HSC Marker
● Experienced over 20 years teaching English at selective schools such as James Ruse Agricultural High School and Hunter Performing Arts
● Experienced over 10 years HSC Marking
NSW Department of Education
● Development of English curriculum for classroom implementation.
● Establishment of Assessment protocols in English.
● Development of History curriculum for classroom implementation.
● Establishment of Assessment protocols in History.
● Development of Drama curriculum for classroom implementation.
● Establishment of Assessment protocols in Drama.
Macquarie University Faculty of Education
● Supervisor of Student Teachers on Practicum.
● Learning Support Officer.
● Private Tutor of English for Senior High School students for more than 10 years.
Skills and Leadership roles
● Advanced Skills Teacher Classification
● Student Welfare Officer
● Girls Supervisor
● Year Advisor
● Achieved high level of Band 6 results in students tutored
Anne Marien | Head of English
Masters of Education in Education (Australian Catholic University – January 1990)
BA in Education (University of Sydney – January 1982)
Masters of Writing / Academic English (University of Technology)
- ENGLISH TEACHER OF 25 YEARS STANDING
- TAUGHT English in Elite private schools such as Moriah College Sydney
- Have taught English at all levels for the HSC including Advanced Extension1,and 2
- Have had students come in the top ten in the state
- Have a Masters of psychology in educational counselling and currently completing a Masters of Writing. at UTS providing great background for new hsc syllabus.
- LOVE WORKING WITH STUDENTS/HAVE STRONG PASTORAL CARE SKILLS
Aidan Williams | Maths, English Teacher
Aidan Williams is an 18 year old University student studying a double degree of business administration and law at Macquarie Uni. He is passionate about traveling, piano, law and books. He enjoys teaching people and watching them grow and learn as people and as students.
Alexander Zhou | English Teacher
Bachelor of Arts and Education in Secondary – University of Sydney
Alexander is a graduate from Normanhurst Boys High School and is currently studying a Bachelor of arts and a Bachelor of Education at the University of Sydney. He is always striving for the most effective and enjoyable learning experience for his students, and is naturally passionate about teaching and the humanities, including fields such as philosophy and literature.
Baraa Hamdy | English, Economics Teacher
Baraa is a Law / Engineering student at UNSW. After receiving a 95+ in my HSC, She decided to tutor to show students that being brilliant in school relies on passion, motivation and critical thinking, and she loved it! Her multiple interests and diverse academic background infuse her teaching with dimension, as She strives to challenge everyone around her in learning and in life.
Benjamin Pick | Maths, Chemistry, English, Physics Teacher
Ben is currently enrolled in Computer Science at UNSW, looking to major in Cyber Security. During his time at Newington College, He succeeded in Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, Physics, and Chemistry, providing foundations for teaching year 10 to HSC. He prefers smaller groups of people to teach, as it allows for more personalized sharing of knowledge, where problems can be tackled individually. Apart from hobbies including running, sports and traveling, He loves teaching and helping people achieve their goals.
Hamish Mishra | Maths, English Teacher
University of Technology, Sydney Australia
Bachelor of Business with Distinction in Economics
Bachelor of Laws with Second Class Honours (LLB) – Graduated 2014
• GPA: 3.0
University of Zurich Switzerland
Exchange Program: Law September 2013 – December 2014
• Relevant Coursework: European Economic Law, Economics and the Law, Comparative Civil Procedure, Comparative Private Law, International Organisations
Hamish graduated from Parramatta Marist in 2008 having being recognised with a Premier’s Award. He excelled in Mathematics (2U and Extension I), English (Advanced), Business Studies, Legal Studies, Information Process Technology and Religion (1U).
Hamish subsequently studied at UTS and the University of Zurich graduating with a Bachelor of Business (majoring in Economics) with Distinction and Bachelor Laws with Honors.
He has worked both at a Big 4 professional services firm and is currently working as a Lawyer at a big 6 international business law firm.
Eason Xia | Economics, Maths, English, Chemistry Teacher
Eason is currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Actuarial Studies/Commerce degree at UNSW, achieving an ATAR of 99.40 in 2017. He has been tutoring for nearly a year, helping students achieve their desired marks while also assisting in making the learning process entertaining. Now, Eason carries on this passion at Maxx Academy, hoping to help students overcome the hurdle known as HSC.
Joyce Wu | Maths, Chemistry, Economics, English Teacher
Melissa Qiu | English, Maths Teacher
Melissa is a graduate from North Sydney Girls High School and is now looking to study a double degree Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Dental Medicine in University of Sydney, achieving an ATAR of 99.80. She has been a tutor for 2 years and has a passion for motivating and supporting students. Her drive, determination and positive attitude throughout her own HSC is reflected through her teaching, helping students strive for their best and excel in their subjects.
Year 10 English Timetable
What our Year 10 English students receive?
Great Value! Don't miss out our Year 10 English lessons!
$28.50 per hour
15 hours lesson + 5 hours workshop