Maxx Academy – Chatswood NSW
$35.00 – $45.00 an hour – Contract, Casual, Part-time
We are an expanding tutoring centre (located close to Chatswood station) seeking passionate and experienced teachers/tutors to join our team!
We are highly focused on individual attention so our classes are small (i.e. 6 students) and we are constantly adapting our teaching techniques based on the particular student’s needs.
What will you be doing?
- Teaching small classes and tutorials (i.e. 6 students)
- Teaching regular weekly classes throughout the school terms
- Monitoring of student’s academic progress through marking of weekly homework and tests
- Providing feedback to students on their progress in the subject
- Identifying of struggling students to team leaders for additional assistance
- Producing lesson notes (resources & materials will be provided)
- Creating weekly quizzes and marking homework
- If you would like to work for more hours, extra work can be negotiated
- Expected to work at least 1-2 days a week (approx 6 hrs), which can vary depending on your timetable (although we will try to accommodate as best we can, it’ll need to be flexible around our business needs).
To become a teacher/tutor with Maxx Academy, you will need to be one of the following:
- Qualified Teacher
- Trainee Teacher
- University Graduate
- University Student
- Recent High School Graduate
The ideal candidate:
- Have a good knowledge of the current Board of Studies curriculum in Maths, English, Science, Physics, Chemistry, Economics or Biology
- MUST be available weekends 9 am – 3 pm
- Must be able to teach years 10 – HSC
- MUST be able to start ASAP!
- MUST have a valid visa and right to work in Australia
- Great teaching and communication skills with students and parents
- Minimum HSC/ATAR score of 95 in the teaching subject OR excellent prior experience with tutoring
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Please submit your resume with the following details on the front or cover page:
- Hours of availability (all days acceptable)
- Attach a copy of your HSC results and ATAR (or have them ready for the interview)
- Subject/s which you are able to teach/tutor and level (e.g. English 10-HSC, Maths 10-HSC, etc.)
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract, Casual, Part-time
$35.00 – $45.00 an hour
- High school or equivalent
- Chatswood NSW
- Tutoring: 1 year
- WWCC (Working With Children Check clearance)
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Mr. Danny Xiong & Mr. David Xu
Maxx Academy Pty Ltd
503, 71 Archer Street, Chatswood, NSW 2067
|Job Category||Teacher, Tutor|